Subject: Re: Need a new player - recommendations appreciated

Re: Need a new player - recommendations appreciated

From: Manuel Dejonghe <manuel_at_dejonghe.de>
Date: 2006-01-24

Ok, as this has gone totally OT anyways by now, I go on :-)

On 1/24/06, Bluechip <csbluechip@gmail.com> wrote:
> At 20:43 24/01/2006, you wrote:
> >On 1/24/06, Bluechip <csbluechip@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > - uses three AAAA
> > >
> > > Is that a typo?
> >
> >Only if these batteries are not called like that, I suppose. The ondio
> >needs the batteries one level under the ones that the other supported
> >archos use.
>
> Ok ...my Archos v1 uses "AA" (ay ay) ...so you will mean "AAA" (tripple ay)
> ...phew ...thought there was some new battery I had never heard of ...the
> "quadruple ay"

Okay.
I thought all of these batteries (cylindric) would have name with a
certain count of A's, and, as there are three sizes above the one I
wanted, I guessed the fourth in row would have four A's.
So I assume the "simple A" is the one above AA, and the one above
simple A (the one that pretty breaks your toes if you let it fall by
mistake, is called in another way again.

cheers, lImbus