Subject: Help with the H340

Help with the H340

From: <>
Date: 2006-01-25

Hey all,
I've not been able to get Rockbox going on either my 340 nor my 120 yet,
but will be making the bold venture this week.

In the meantime, I've run into a problem with the H340.

I connected to my Mac Mini, to transfer a couple of files, and found that
afterward, it won't work with the PC.

Instead of showing up as "Iriver G:" it's saying "Local Disc G:"

I can't get to the drive at all. It tells me that the drive is not formatted.

I powered down the machine, and on powering back up, I discovered, much to
my relief, that all my files are there and actually played a couple of
songs with no problem.

So, it seems all my stuff is there, but I just can't get the machine to
connect to the computer.

Any ideas?

Did the Mac do something wanky to the boot sector?

Any help greatly appreciated. I'm very much looking forward to getting
Rockbox rocking on the box.
Being a blind user, it will be like the first time I will actually have

Thanks in advance and I'm sure I'll be back soon enough, <g>
Jim Fidler