Subject: Rockbox on H340

Rockbox on H340

From: Brian Hartgen <brian_at_hartgen.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 16:31:43 -0000

Hi

You may recall that about a week ago I sent a message to the list outlining
difficulties I was having with installing Rockbox onto an iRiver H340. I
have tried it again today and received an error which I shall document below
in the hope that, A., it may help in terms of development somehow, and B.,
if anyone can resolve this problem then even better (smile).

1. I deleted all folders on the iRiver including all the music, the
.Rockbox folder and rockbox.iriver file.

2. I put an unmodified H300.hex file onto the player and updated the
firmware.

3. When the player booted up after the firmware update, it did so into the
conventional iRiver firmware. So far, so good.

4. I patched the iRiver firmware, version 1.29 European edition, and this
was successful.

5. I downloaded the latest build of Rockbox and unzipped it to the iRiver.

6. I downloaded the English Audrey voice and extracted the zipped archive
into the langs folder.

7. I updated the iRiver with the newly patched firmware edition.

8. On booting up the player, it does so into Rockbox which is again
expected. All menus read correctly, the FM Radio works, but with the
following unusual behaviour.

A. When navigating into a folder containing music tracks, no tracks are
displayed on the screen. In fact, the unit just appears to power down.
When moving into folders using the iRiver firmware, the music tracks are
visually displayed and of course they can be played. They cannot be played
using Rockbox because of course visually there is nothing to select.

B. When the unit boots up into Rockbox, the following error is displayed:
"error processing playlist control file". I have no idea what this means,
but someone out there obviously will do I hope.

I hope that helps, and again, if anyone can please throw any light on the
matter, that would be brilliant.

Thanks.

Brian Hartgen