Subject: Re: H340, ac power and external battery pack

Re: H340, ac power and external battery pack

From: Jens Arnold <>
Date: 2006-01-25

On 24.01.2006, Manuel Dejonghe wrote:

> On 1/24/06, Arnaud <> wrote:

>> I guess the size ofa voicefile is not a problem nthe Irivr
>> like it is
>> on the Archos.

> It's the same voicefile for all deviced, so size matters, for
> once. But I don't think new voice clips are needed for that.
> But I don't know if it's feasible at all.

Voice file size does matter on iriver as well.

While the RAM is significantly larger so there is no problem of
the voice file being too big to fit in RAM, the iriver provides
voice UI *during* playback. This also means that the voice file
buffer has to be set aside permanently, because the file has to
be loaded at all times. An increase in voice buffer size means
a decrease in audio buffer size => more frequent spinups =>
less runtime.

Regards, Jens