Subject: Re: Question re Archos Jukebox 6000

Re: Question re Archos Jukebox 6000

From: Jens Arnold <arnold-j_at_t-online.de>
Date: 2006-01-26

On 25.01.2006, Ed Toro wrote:

>> XP _does_ require a driver. The Studio model is not a full
>> grown mass storage device like the later boxes, it's
>> something earlier/proprietary, whatever.

> Is that true for the studio 10? I got one and, IIRC, did not
> need a driver.

Yes it is. All archos models with USB1.1 (Archos 5000/6000,
Studio 10, 20 and Recorder v1 6, 10 and 15) require a driver
since they are not fully USB mass storage compatible.

USB2.0 units (Recorder v1 20, FM recorder and Recorder v2) do
not have this problem. Same goes for all Ondio models though
they are USB1.1 only.

Regards, Jens