Subject: Re: Question re Archos Jukebox 6000

Re: Question re Archos Jukebox 6000

From: Sharon <sharon25_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 10:59:48 -0700

Oh, good grief....how many "duh" moments can one person have? I
reinstalled the Jukebox 6000's driver from the CD and voila! there
the Jukebox was as drive E on my list of devices! Although in this
case I think maybe my duhness is at least a little justified: my
understanding was that XP Home did not require installation of ANY
drivers, that only Windows 98 did. Being a Mac person primarily,
Windows isn't my "first language", so I assumed no driver was needed.
I must have had it installed at one time, but when Service Pack 2
ended up wiping out my PC and everything had to be reinstalled, the
Archos driver didn't get put back on.

So thanks for all the feedback on this issue....MUCH appreciate your help!

And for all the choices of alternative devices. I think now that the
Jukebox is back in operation, I'll stick with it and the Rio Karma I
have for now. One backup is all I need, and I do actually have a CD
player that plays MP3's also, although its manual is deplorable and
its buttons are defininitely not intuitive.

A great big thank you to everyone who helped!

Sharon