Subject: Re: voices files we can use for rockbox

Re: voices files we can use for rockbox

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: 2006-01-27

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, David Wright wrote:

> I don't understand how this can be a legal issue because the voice clips are
> similar to any recording that people place on the net. The copy of the
> software used to create these voice clips is licensed, so why can't these
> files be available to the public as a result of one person sharing his
> recordings?

There's no need to ask us these questions because we all feel the same way.

Still, when you get a mail from a company (regardless of the situation),
threatening with legal actions, I think it would be stupid not to act and try
to sort out the problem.

This issue has not been closed. It is very much alive and the final words have
not been said about it yet.