Subject: Re: WAV Codec for Archos

Re: WAV Codec for Archos

From: Christoph Niedeggen <Niedeggen_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 10:08:44 +0100

>> I don't think that my idea is too bad at all, since e.g. the video
>> plugin does in a way exactly the same (processing data that cannot be
>> handled by the Rockbox CPU simply outside of the unit.)
>
> Don't tell me, I wrote that plugin and the authoring procedure. Not many
> people (or nobody?) is using that seriously, for good reason.

Well, *I* used it for a couple of times. The main reason was that I was
technically baffed that *grayscale* video playback is possible on a
simple b&w screen and how it's achieved.

So maybe your video playback was "just" a technical study how to get
grayscale working on the Jukebox, but then again it was some basic
research which is very useful for other developments.

And some basic research is exactly what we need for the WAV codec... :-)
Any volunteers?

Regards
Christoph