Subject: question about recording and other things

question about recording and other things

From: Rachel D Keyte <racheldk_at_tpg.com.au>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 12:05:55 +1100

Hi all, I just joined this list then so I apologize if my below
question is a repeat.
  But I have just bought a brand new Iriver H120 and I installed
rockbox on it (this won't tell me the version but it's the latest
stable build anyway (that is, not the daily build), and I have got
English Audry on it. anyway, I have heard the following from a few
other uses and I'm afraid I have been able to confirm it every time I
record. and that is that I will be recording for a certain amount of
time (maybe only three or four minutes at the most) and then my
iriver will crash totally and turn itself off. Is this still a bug
that needs to be fixed in Rockbox? My friends go back to the iriver
firmwear to record but I rely on the voice prompts of rockbox to be
able to use it.
  While I'm on the subject, is there any other blind users on this
list who have made a text file with all the menues written down and
how many moves and what to get to different menus using Iriver firmwear?
  anyway just wanted to know that about the recording?
  and on a side note, while most of the menues are being voiced there
are a few that aren't when scrolling down. Is this also known about?
  In closing, I'd just like to say how awesome rockbox is and hats
off to everyone involved in making it, especially of course the voice
conponent! :)
Cheers!
        mailto:racheldk_at_tpg.com.au
Slightly out-dated website: http://www.racheldk.webhop.net