Subject: Re: Voices

Re: Voices

From: Ronald Teune <rtwolf_at_gmx.net>
Date: 2006-01-29

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 01:45:53 +0100, <rockbox-request@cool.haxx.se> wrote:

> usual voice prompts. I hired a female DJ to read my scripts into the
> digitizer I'd set up in a PC. I think I paid her $50 for the session.
>
> That might be the way to resolve this voice problem once and for all.
> Find someone with voice training to read all the prompts, one right
> after another, and split them up with a sound editor. Might not even
> have to pay him/her.
>
> John

Christi did it:
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/VoiceFiles#Outdated_voice_files
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/pub/Main/VoiceFiles/ukspoken_1.0.zip

It's from may 2004 however, so somewhat outdated :-)
I guess it's quite much of a job speaking all these things. How about
asking everyone on the list to speak one or two phrases? This way you'd
hear some other voices every once in a while :-)

Ronald