Subject: Re: Voices

Re: Voices

From: <jimfidler_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 21:06:45 -0330

I'd be willing to do the edit work.
I have a recording studio and spend quite a bit of time editing anyway; I
really don't mind it at all.

I also do a podcast:
www.republicofavalonradio.com

The feed is:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/republicofavalonradio

I could even do the voice bits if needed...

Cheers,
Jim

www.republicofavalonradio.com
www.jimfidler.com

At 12:04 AM 30/01/2006 +0000, you wrote:

>Ronald Teune wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 01:45:53 +0100, <rockbox-request_at_cool.haxx.se> wrote:
>>
>>>usual voice prompts. I hired a female DJ to read my scripts into the
>>>digitizer I'd set up in a PC. I think I paid her $50 for the session.
>>>
>>>That might be the way to resolve this voice problem once and for all.
>>>Find someone with voice training to read all the prompts, one right
>>>after another, and split them up with a sound editor. Might not even
>>>have to pay him/her.
>>>
>>>John
>>

>>Christi did it:
>>http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/VoiceFiles#Outdated_voice_files
>>http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/pub/Main/VoiceFiles/ukspoken_1.0.zip
>>
>>It's from may 2004 however, so somewhat outdated :-)
>>I guess it's quite much of a job speaking all these things. How about
>>asking everyone on the list to speak one or two phrases? This way
>>you'd hear some other voices every once in a while :-)
>
>Actually the killer is editing down the recording to seperate vice
>files. I prefer to do a minimum of three takes of each phrase so I can
>pick the best one. This then has to be manually picked out from the
>recording and saved to a long filename. It's a highly repetative and
>boring task. And then the things that need voicing change so often that
>they quickly beome out of date.
>
>I'd be willing to do an up to date recording with my now much better
>recording equipment if someone else were willing to take my raw sound
>file and turn it into a voice file. Even reading five hundred odd
>phrases into a mic is not an insignificant amount of effort.
>
>Christi

Roots Cellar Productions Inc.
P.O. Box 5851 St. John's, Newfoundland A1C 5X3
Tel: 1--709--726-8663 Fax: 1--709--726-3299
"There are 3 types of people: those who know, those who don't and those
who won't."