Subject: RE: Voices

RE: Voices

From: [IDC]Dragon <>
Date: 2006-01-30

> Do we still have a problem if we buy the AT&T voices from

The voice files have been made with Jens' legally purchased (in germany)

The email came from, who seem to sell U.S. licenses.
They accuse Jens of "distributing AT&T Natural VoicesR TTS software", which
is not the case. They say we don't have distribution rights (correct, we
can't and won't distribute the AT&T software) and want money per downloaded
copy. Perhaps they or their script just googled around for AT&T files and
didn't look what's actually there for download.

A different issue came into attention:
The click-through license is strange with respect to wether it's allowed to
let the software speak into files and noncommercially distribute those, or
not. One sentence sais yes, another one reads like a no. This may really
hinder future AT&T voice file distribution.

> also
> I know Ken White who runs, who I think distribute the voices
> in
> the US, would it help if I got in touch with him about this?

Interesting. If they have any "power" over wizzardsoftware, or can offer a
licensing which we're legally safe with, yes.

DSL-Aktion wegen großer Nachfrage bis 28.2.2006 verlängert:
GMX DSL-Flatrate 1 Jahr kostenlos*