Subject: Re: Gentlemen, we have SOUND! (part 4)

Re: Gentlemen, we have SOUND! (part 4)

From: Will Dyson <will.dyson_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2006-01-30

On 1/28/06, Dave Chapman <dave@dchapman.com> wrote:
> First it was the Archos Jukebox...
> then the iRiver H1x0...
> then the iRiver H3x0...
>
> ...and to continue the tradition of Rockbox ports, I'm happy to announce
> that the Rockbox port to the iPod Nano and iPod 4G Color/Photo has
> reached the stage of audio playback.

Wonderful!

I've been a happy user of Rockbox on the H120 for a while now, so I
tried it on my new 2G Nano (using the cvs 2006-01-30 01:59:30 build).

I noticed audio artifacts on both the vorbis and mp3 files that I
loaded on for testing. It sounded as if it were dropping audio frames
in order to keep up, but I have no idea what is going on, really.

Other than that, I noticed that the volume control is not hooked up
yet. But that is hardly a surprise. I look forward to using rockbox on
my Nano as it improves.

Great work!

--
Will Dyson