Subject: iRiver 140 No Sound On Boot Issue

iRiver 140 No Sound On Boot Issue

From: Jake Wilcox <>
Date: 2006-01-31

I'm a long-time user of Rockbox, starting way back when the Archos JBR was a
new thing here. I upgraded mine to 60GB and then promptly got it stolen.

I've been using an iRiver HP-140 for over a year now, and no matter how many
times I update the Rockbox software, I'm still having a problem where every
other boot doesn't give sound.

If I shut down the player and boot it right back up, I can hear an audible
*pop* when the sound is turned on, and then it works fine. Yes, I've checked
that there's volume when it doesn't work. Every once in a while, I can go an
extra boot or two with the sound still on, but it always turns back off, and
just the one normal reboot always fixes it.

Can I get rid of this behavior for good?