Subject: Re: gapless playback

Re: gapless playback

From: Michael E. DiFebbo <medifebbo_at_rcn.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 13:41:55 -0500

All codecs except MP3 should play back gaplessly. MP3s will only
playback gaplessly if they are encoded with LAME version 3.90.1 or
later, and even then, the transition between tracks is not perfect. Of
course, the only tracks that will play gaplessly, regardless of codec,
are those that are mastered for gapless playback, such as tracks from
Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon or the Beatles Abbey Road.

If you simply want to eliminate space between tracks on the player,
regardless of encoding method or mastering, use the crossfade feature.

Michael E. DiFebbo

http://www.jumpcityjazz.com