Subject: Re: Two weird problems

Re: Two weird problems

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: 2006-02-02

Grant Hardy wrote:
> I believe this is a V1 recorder so installed the "recorder" version of
> the Rockbox software, plus downloaded the appropriate zip file of the
> flash and extracted it to the root. I am blind and I chose Browse
> Plugins and then Firmware_flash.rock and it keep sxiting the plugin!
> What's up?

Maybe this particular recorder isn't flashable? It all depends on the
type of chip mounted on the circuit board. Have a sighted person read
the message on the screen.

> Also, in the manual it says to press "stop" to stop a recording. But
> the Archos has no stop button!!

The OFF button is used as a stop button on the recorder, and is even
labelled as such on the later Recorder models (V2 and FM).

Linus