Subject: Voice UI doesn't speak anymore

Voice UI doesn't speak anymore

From: Jani Kinnunen <jkinnunen_at_pp.inet.fi>
Date: 2006-02-06

Hi,

Yesterday the Voice UI stopped from speaking on my iRiver H320. In other
words, when I press the AB button to bring up the menu, I don't hear
anything. I can say for sure that it has nothing to do with volume, since
Music will still play. I did try to solve this problem by re-installing
Rockbox and by copying the voice file into the .rockbox/langs directory, but
that didn't help. Eventually I decided to format the hard disk and done
again all the re-installation stuff, but even that didn't seem to help! So,
what on earth should I do to get the Voice UI working again?

I can't even get any sighted assistance, since the iRiver's display stays
black. Maybe the brightness and/or contrast settings are incorrect.

Jani