Subject: Re: Archos Jukebox Recorder <20GB

Re: Archos Jukebox Recorder <20GB

From: Neon John <>
Date: 2006-02-11

I would not let the USB 1.1 deter you from getting an older unit.
Unless you have a lot of churn of your content, the slower speed
doesn't matter much. If you're going to install a larger drive, just
load it up before you put it in the JBR. Then all you have to suffer
through is the occasional addition.

I've acquired several of the older units for friends, loaded their
drives before installation and they've been happy as clams in sauce.
After all, a slow JBR is better than most any alternative!

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 12:37:26 +0100, Linus Nielsen Feltzing
<> wrote:

>Gert Brinkmann wrote:
>> Thanks for the answers. I will avoid such a device now, because it has
>> to work with Linux, which the old ones will not do as I guess, because
>> of the required special driver.
>Don't worry, that driver (ISD200) has been in the kernel for ages.

John De Armond
Cleveland, Occupied TN
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.-Ralph Waldo Emerson