Subject: Re: CS DevKit

Re: CS DevKit

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: 2006-02-11

Bluechip wrote:
> Try as I might I cannot get the specified list of packages to be the
> only ones highlighted :(

Why would you? The other packages might be needed. This is exactly why
so many users have had problems with the devkit, because it doesn't
include those "extra" packages.

>> While you're at it, consider adding gdb to the package.
>

> Yes. I have considered it many times. I just wonder how many DevKit
> users would want, need or possibly even know how to use it.

Some of them do, and then we can't help them. Here we go again, you give
them a stripped-down version that they can't use fully. What is a
"developer" kit without a debugger?

> Time.
> click ...10MB download ...click ...setup.bat ...click ...bash prompt
>
> Drive Space.
> 70MB (after install*) -vs- 300+MB**

Yes. 300 MB complete working cygwin install vs a stripped down, possibly
non-working one (because Rockbox might have started to use something you
haven't anticipated). Which would you choose?

Linus