Subject: Re: Wav/Flac recording on iRiver H340

Re: Wav/Flac recording on iRiver H340

From: Andrew 'ashridah' Pilley <ashridah_at_netspace.net.au>
Date: 2006-02-11

On Sat, 2006-02-11 at 23:27 +1100, electroteque wrote:
> It doesnt record to mp3 ?
Yet.
> Ok I might have to wait a while, i cant see
> why i should hack my player and lose the mp3 recording feature.
Rockbox can co-exist with the original firmware, you won't lose that. It
can be triggered by holding record and play when starting the unit if
rockbox's bootloader has been added.

> It
> would however be nice to record digitally in either flac or wav at
> 24/96 or thereabouts :D I use my player purely for field recordings and
> sometimes listen :)
The state of recording hasn't been progressing that quickly as far as i
can see. It can record to wav, and there's a way to get it to
convert .wav files to wavpack after it's finished recording, and
possibly others.

Andrew