Subject: Re: Wav/Flac recording on iRiver H340

Re: Wav/Flac recording on iRiver H340

From: electroteque <spam_at_electroteque.org>
Date: 2006-02-11

On 11/02/2006, at 11:38 PM, Andrew 'ashridah' Pilley wrote:

> On Sat, 2006-02-11 at 23:27 +1100, electroteque wrote:
>> It doesnt record to mp3 ?
> Yet.
>> Ok I might have to wait a while, i cant see
>> why i should hack my player and lose the mp3 recording feature.
> Rockbox can co-exist with the original firmware, you won't lose that.
> It
> can be triggered by holding record and play when starting the unit if
> rockbox's bootloader has been added.

Ahh like the podzilla. So if i want to record mp3 i can reboot to the
original ? I might give it a shot soon. Wish i knew how to code it pic
language or whatever the firmware is coded in !

>> It
>> would however be nice to record digitally in either flac or wav at
>> 24/96 or thereabouts :D I use my player purely for field recordings
>> and
>> sometimes listen :)
> The state of recording hasn't been progressing that quickly as far as i
> can see. It can record to wav, and there's a way to get it to
> convert .wav files to wavpack after it's finished recording, and
> possibly others.
>
> Andrew

At least it does record wav, i guess 16 bit 44k is just as good or
better as the hi quality mp3 records it does by default ? iRiver ppl
had no plans to ad wav recording they told me !