Subject: Gentlemen, we have SOUND! (part 5)

Gentlemen, we have SOUND! (part 5)

From: Dave Chapman <dave_at_dchapman.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 10:02:33 +0000

Apologies for the brevity, but I'm happy to announce that Rockbox now
plays sound on the iPod Video (aka 5G).

aegray from the ipodlinux project and myself have been working on it
this weekend (trying random audio codec datasheets from the same
manufacturer to find one that matches the undocumented iPod 5G DAC), and
I lost the race - he got it working last night whilst I slept :)

The code isn't yet in CVS, but I'll try and clean it up and commit later
today.

Keep on Rocking!!!

Dave.