Subject: Re: CS DevKit

Re: CS DevKit

From: Bluechip <csbluechip_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2006-02-13

>>May I ask why rockbox.org holds cygwin packages that are nothing to
>>do with compiling Rockbox?
>
>Can you please be more specific?
>
>1) what packages are you talking about?
>
>2) why are these particular packages a problem to anyone?

In answer to both of those questions:

I had thought that by selecting rockbox.org, I would get information
(only) from rockbox.org
...but from what Linus said
"The rest of the packages are on your favourite cygwin mirror"
...I'm guessing that I have once more been misled by the Cygwin
installer :( <grrrr>

<OT>
I genuinely don't get it ...Have Cygwin ever said "we will not
provide a friendly installer because..."
Such an incredible package, with the worst installer I have *EVER*
used. UTTERLY BAFFLED!
</OT>

>>Session Start (zelazny.freenode.net:LinusN): Fri Apr 16 10:25:44 2004
>
>Yes, let's reiterate this until death...

If it's all the same with you, I would rather only reference it when
asked a question which directly requires such reference so as to
provide an informative answer.

Ie. In this case. Question: why do you believe
<illegal/undermine/rockbox> ...answer: <this chat> [and, as it
happens, several other chats on several other mediums ...I just
happened to know that I could locate the chat with Linus most easily
- as it had been a three-hour cross examination in which I had hoped
to achieve both (a) convincing 'the big three' that I was in no way a
legal threat to the continuation of the project and (b) maintain my
online identity without lying ...thus was the one that most
prominently stuck in my mind]

BlueChip