Subject: (no subject)

(no subject)

From: Matias Orchard <matias.orchard_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2006-02-14

Hello there,

Let me first say: Long time, no see!!!! You probably don't remember
me, but I was part of the mailing list in the first part of this
project..... anyway, hello to everyone!

After I bought my iPod Mini, I took the hard disk of my Archos and
used it as an external drive for such a long time.......... unitl, I
needed a digital output....... and thought of my Rockbox (yeah, would
be incorrect saying otherwise ;-) ), put everything together, and got
a couple of errors..... first, the batteries are gone, so I need to
get new ones... got a couple of old batteries, and got to turn it on.

After some different noises (hard drive noises), and the Rockbox
screen (0406xx was the last version I upgraded!!!) for some long
seconds, I got an "ATA -1 error", and then "ATA -1 panic!". I usually
don't panic with these type of messages, but this time had no idea of
what to do. Came to the internet, surfed thru your website for some
time, and decided to post the question..... Wink

What do I need to do with my hard drive, before trying to turn on my
Rockbox?Huh I mean, I guess the problem is that all the Rockbox files
were deleted, and thus I need to reset the hard drive before using it
as the Rockbox drive........ Would you please help me here???

I uploaded the latest version of RB into the hard drive, as I'm able
to still use it as hard drive (externally, not thru the Archos box),
but the problem persists. I even tried booting into the Archos system
(w/ F1), and it wouldn't upload. What do you guys think it could be???

I would really appreciate your tips!

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

MO