Subject: Re: (no subject)

Re: (no subject)

From: Matias Orchard <matias.orchard_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2006-02-14

Guys,

Many thanks for your prompt replies. I kept reading after sending the
original message, and this is what happened.

I first try with alkaline batteries (I knew the risk, but well...),
did everything as explained on your website, until I found a line that
made me recall about the 'F1' key when booting B-))) So, I tried that,
and did not do much....... went to Archos original boot screen, and
then froze. But! then I put back the original batteries, which were
almost dead, press 'F1', and then connected the charger.... went back
to the Archos charging screen.......... let it there
overnight............. and voila! I have my Rockbox back again this
morning!!!!!!!

:-D

New batteries are n the way, so I don't need to worry about that....
but the one (I believe!) thing I need to do now, is renewing my
Rockbox installation. I copied all the files (thru the Windows
installer), but the version I have - flashed, I think - is the CVS
040624. How am I supposed to take it to the latest version???

1. Should I upgrade the firmware? How?
2. Should I go back to Archos firmware, and only use hard drive installation?

I thank you again, and look forward to your comments.

Cheers,

MO

ps: sorry for the empty subject, my bad ;-)

--
Matías Orchard
email matias.orchard@gmail.com