Subject: Re: Jukebox Recorder V2 or Recorder V1?

Re: Jukebox Recorder V2 or Recorder V1?

From: Neon John <jgd_at_johngsbbq.com>
Date: 2006-02-15

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 22:41:26 +0100, <aype@gmx.de> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a question. I've just got an Archos Jukebox Recorder V2 it's brand
>new. So because I've got already an Archos Jukebox Recorder V1, but I
>bought it already used, I am thinkink of selling the new Recorder V2, but I
>can't decide. I am not sure about it.

Put some lipstick on that pig and sell it!!!!

>So my question is: Do you think a Jukebox Recorder V2 is a good Player?

NO.

>Is
>it better than the Jukebox Recorder 1?

No, vastly inferior.

>I might keep it, if it is really
>better then the V1. I've read that the Recorder V2 is one of the latest
>model of Archos Jukebox Recorders. What is the advantage of an Recorder V2?

None. The V2 is a piece o sh*t! Fragile, unreliable, batteries prone
to swell and break the thing apart, non-field-replaceable batteries
(tools required), jacks come out the sides which impairs pocket carry,
easily broken buttons. I could probably think of a few more.

A couple of years ago I caused 5 of my friends to buy V2s because they
were available at Best Buy. All 6 failed within a month or two. I
went through 3 on warranty replacement before I gave up. My last one
had the infamous battery swelling failure. The battery just kinda
exploded the player as it slowly swelled.

Only thing I can figure about the V2 is that some product manager was
REALLY stoned when he replaced the V1.

John

---
John De Armond
http://www.johngsbbq.com
Cleveland, Occupied TN
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.-Ralph Waldo Emerson