Subject: Re: CS DevKit

Re: CS DevKit

From: Bluechip <csbluechip_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2006-02-15

>Let me state this again: this is the users list when we should
>better do this on the dev list.

Let me state this for the first time:
you picked the newsgroup on which to start this thread; and at no
time have you asked, suggested or even implied that it be moved.

I subscribe to both groups, if you wish to move the thread, I am
happy to join you in seeking the best resolution in/on the newsgroup
of your choosing.

>I also don't understand why this question is directed to me at all.

Joerch suggested "Bluechip, why not only ask Daniel <blah>" ...I felt
like saying "I don't think it would help much" ...but fearing that
such an expression could be mistaken as hostile, I thought 'actions
speak louder than words' ...and, of course, there was the chance I
could have been wrong.

>I'm not the SDL expert nor did I write the SDL adjustments for the
>sim. If you just post dev questions to the dev list, any dev that
>knows the answer can respond.

Good advice, taken.

>>If I can get The DevKit to build the SDL sim for one player can I
>>be sure that the sim will build for ALL players?
>
>I'd guess so but I don't know
>
>>Can you list files which are missing, or direct me to the forum
>>and/or IRC logs where problems are highlighted?
>
>These problems pop up every now and then, and we've learned to
>expect them as soon as we change anything drastic.

Fair call - it was always expected to be an accepted side-effect of
the compromise.

And of course, major [you already used drastic] changes (eg SDL)
trigger the same thing on a "full cygwin install" ["full" is _so_
the-wrong-word; "bloated" would be more accurate, but I would
_prefer_ a more accurate term of your choosing]

Anyways. Thanks for the reply. I guess if there is any more to be
said your next post will reach me via a different group. And
rightfully so. And, if you do encounter any problems which are
DevKit related, feel free to direct the individual and/or the problem
to a place where I can bear that burden for you. It only seems
logical that I work WITH you, rather than against you :)

BlueChip