Subject: Re: Buying a rockbox machine

Re: Buying a rockbox machine

From: Thomas Heuving <>
Date: 2006-02-15

Grant Hardy schrieb am Tue, 14 Feb 2006 21:12:11 -0800:
> Bravo John! My thoughts exactly. Even by touching it you can tell it's
> VERY rugged!
> Now here's my question, HOW and WHERE to you buy a drive for the Archos
> Jukebox V1? And how would you replace it, or could you have someone else do
> it? How much would that be? Thanks.

You can use almost any modern 2.5'' drive (height 9.5mm), I used a Fujitsu
MHT2080AT a year ago. You can search this group for recommendations.
You should buy a drive with only 4200 RPM. A faster drive isn't needed,
it will only drain your batteries.

There are various disassembly instructions, I used
These are valid for recorders also.

you can find more links regarding this task.

Thomas Heuving