Subject: Re: Iriver file formats

Re: Iriver file formats

From: Neon John <jgd_at_johngsbbq.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 11:25:24 -0500

No. Thank heavens. Delete those toxic wma's and rip to MP3 properly.

Not trying to be a smartass or in your face but why are you using
something as crappy as WMP when there are so many excellent and free
rippers out there? If your CDs are in good condition, it's hard to
beat CDex/LAME. If they're scratched or otherwise damanged, Exact
Audio Copy (EAC) is the only way to go.

John

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 14:11:16 +0000, "Nigel Gardner"
<nigelcgardner_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>I ripped several CD's onto my Iriver via Windows Media Player before
>realising that the default format was set to 'Windows Media Audio' rather
>than 'Mp3'. I can not play these files with Rockbox although I can using the
>Iriver firmware. Is there a plugin or anyway to allow Rockbox to play these
>files?
>
>thanks

---
John De Armond
http://www.johngsbbq.com
Cleveland, Occupied TN
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.-Ralph Waldo Emerson