Subject: Re: Rockbox Weirdness

Re: Rockbox Weirdness

From: Tom Cole <tcole_at_xtra.co.nz>
Date: 2006-02-19

My version of 2.5 is a private version. As a result, it has not been
internationalised properly and the changed display parts are English
only. Also I have not tested it with voice files. As far as I know it
should work as before, but no guarantees.

I found that the information shown in the Bookmark screen was lacking so
I modified the 2.5 screen to suit. My format is:-

        Bookmark 1/30 (as before)
        (scrolling directory name with playlist name if playlist)
        (scrolling file name)
        Index (as before)
        Time (as before)
        Play - Select (as before)
        On+Play - Delete (as before)
>> - Delete & Play (>> is Right key)

(The ">>" option is useful for keeping the bookmark file tidy.)

If a bookmark is deleted a "Deleted" splash screen is shown.

If "Unique Only" is set and an added bookmark causes an old one to be
deleted, the splash screen says "Bookmark Replaced".

I found the old Up and Down to be counter-intuitive so my build has Down
& Up reversed so that Down goes down the list (newest to oldest) and Up
goes up.

The old format of the Bookmark file uses ";" for field delimiters. Some
of my file names and directory names contain this character so
bookmarking failed for these names. I changed the delimiter to ":" to
cure this. I have also changed the name of the most recent bookmark file
so that if you boot to different builds you won't loose your bookmarks.
(It's now "mostly.recent.bookmarks")

The number of bookmarks is increased from 10 to 100.

Some other changes:-

My wife's v1 had problems with button bounce. I have increased the
length of time a button has to be held in order to be recognised. Also
the F2 and F3 menu keys now have to be held down to show these menus.

On the F2 menu I have swapped the right and left menu items to improve
the layout.

The F3 menu has been changed to:-

        Left - Upside Down
        Right - Show Status Bar
        Down/Play - Decrease/Increase Stereo Effect in 5% increments

The Status Bar, F2 and F3 screens, and Pitch Change screens now display
in the user's font unless the font is too large.

I have added back the Mute option which was removed by the developers
some time ago.

I have tidied up some display items on screens.

I have included the display changes here for completeness, although I am
not sure how relevant this will be to you.