Subject: Re: Slightly alarmed...

Re: Slightly alarmed...

From: Neon John <>
Date: 2006-02-21

Your junk mail isn't coming from Rockbox. I get none. NADA. Been
weeks since I got a single piece.

The only time I ever got spam since registering my domain was when I
accidentally let my real address leak out on Usenet. That died off
after a few weeks.

There is a real simple solution. Set up another gmail address just
for rockbox. Say Use your mail agent's
filtering capability to put anything from the rockbox mail server into
its own box. Delete everything else. Voila! No spam.

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 18:08:41 -0800, "Grant Hardy"
<> wrote:

>I've discovered that everyone's Email address is given in FULL on the
>Rockbox Mail Archive pages when people quote replies (i.e.
> instead of sample_user (at),
>, or some such similar alteration). Since
>subscribing to the list I'm receiving tenfold the number of spam
>messages that I was before. Can the admin please fix this, by adding
>some sort of filter, so that our email addresses fade out of Google's
>index? If not, as sad as I will be to do so, I'll have to leave the
>list. I love the helpful nature of the list but, I'm receiving just
>too much junk mail. Thank you.

John De Armond
Cleveland, Occupied TN
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.-Ralph Waldo Emerson