Subject: Re: OT: Slightly alarmed...

Re: OT: Slightly alarmed...

From: ian douglas <>
Date: 2006-02-21

> 1 - post from another address or
> 2 - stop posting completely
> 3 - provide a hypermail patch for more cleverer spam obfuscating

4 - host your Email with a service that is effective at fight and
blocking spam.

I find that SpamAssassin works tremendously well if you train it for
good/bad messages. The first day I implemented it, even without
training, my spam dropped to zero. And the only "false positives" I've
had so far have been things like "send this link to a friend" automated
Emails from sites my friends have visited, or from where
I order business cards but they get flagged as spam for their own reasons.

So no, I'm not too worried about spam either. I get about 150-200 pieces
per day (see for my daily graphing) and *maybe*
get one piece of spam in my actual Inbox.

But this is all *way* off topic of Rockbox.