Subject: Re: Using external stereo microphone with the iRiver H340

Re: Using external stereo microphone with the iRiver H340

From: Manuel Dejonghe <manuel_at_dejonghe.de>
Date: 2006-02-27

On 2/27/06, Rainer Jost <rainer-jost@t-online.de> wrote:
> is it possible to use an external stereomicrophone with the iRiver H340 and
> Rockbox? And how can I config that to work with external microphone?

Input has to be set to line for sure. but I'm not possible if it works.

It's a bit of a strange thing. The iriver stock firmware is able to
record from an external mic connected to the line in, even if there is
no microphone preamplifier, which _should_ be needed. I dunno exactly
what they do.
Maybe they are doing an impendance/level checking and passing it
through the internal preamp. I don't know yet if rockbox is able to do
this as well.
There have been a few questions like that on the list a few weeks ago,
but I cannot remember of any informative answer.

good luck, lImbus