Subject: Re: GUI

Re: GUI

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 15:33:43 +0100

Gabriel Meier wrote:
> There are some few things the iriver firmware does better or at least
> does, rockbox doesn't.

So let's focus a little bit on those things, and analyze what they do
better and why. Then we may find out what to do with Rockbox.

That whole "intuitivity" thing is very hard to put your finger on. It
very often boils down to what the user is used to. If a user has had the
iriver firmware for a year, he will probably think that a lot of things
in the iriver firmware are intuitive, while an iPod user has a very
different opinion.

> First, I hope I will find some developer to support this, as I will
> create a feature request out of this, if anyone else is interested.
> It will be up to the developers to accept or deny...

If you can present a concept that works well on all targets and
languages, we are all ears.

Linus