Subject: Re: GUI

Re: GUI

From: Jochen Schulz <ml_at_well-adjusted.de>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 16:12:29 +0100

Gabriel Meier:

> When I switch my iriver on, I don't want to see the file-structure of
> the disc, but want to have a choice on what to to, like
> - Play Music
> - Radio
> - Recorder
> - Browse Files
> - Settings

I think this is a neat idea, but it shouldn't break the current "switch
player on, press play to resume from where I left" behaviour. At least
this is the way I use my player most of the time. After that comes
browsing for files.

Which function do you expect behind "Play Music"? The WPS?

> This could be made with a text-interface as well, but a gui would put
> the finishing touches.

I am not sure about that. Ok, some icons may be nice, but screen space
is one of the rarest resources on the devices (even on the iriver) and
graphics use a lot of it.

J.
--
My memories gild my life with rare transcendance.
[Agree]   [Disagree]