Subject: Re: GUI

Re: GUI

From: Neon John <jgd_at_johngsbbq.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 12:48:12 -0500

On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 14:20:21 +0100, Gabriel Meier
<gabriel.meier_at_gmx.de> wrote:

>Am Freitag, den 03.03.2006, 13:19 +0100 schrieb Daniel Stenberg:
>> On Fri, 3 Mar 2006, Gabriel Meier wrote:
>>
>> > does anybody know, if there are any plans for making a proper gui?
>>
>> First, developers that might work on such a thing might be reading the dev
>> mailing list and not the users list...
>
>I know, but the actual purpose of this mail was to find out, if there
>are any other users, that are interested in a gui. There will be no need
>to ask developers about it if I am the only one interested.

I, for one, say not only no but HELL NO! The last thing I want on a
small screen is a bunch of zero-information crap to clutter it up.
Text delivers all the info I need in the fastest possible format. If
you want a GUI interface music player then get a laptop. You can live
with the 2ghz processor and 2 hour battery life just to write the
graphics. I'm just tickled pink with what I have now.

John
---
John De Armond
http://www.johngsbbq.com
Cleveland, Occupied TN
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.-Ralph Waldo Emerson