Subject: Re: GUI

Re: GUI

From: Gabriel Meier <gabriel.meier_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 00:12:19 +0100

Am Freitag, den 03.03.2006, 16:12 +0100 schrieb Jochen Schulz:
> Gabriel Meier:
> >
> > When I switch my iriver on, I don't want to see the file-structure of
> > the disc, but want to have a choice on what to to, like
> > - Play Music
> > - Radio
> > - Recorder
> > - Browse Files
> > - Settings
>
> I think this is a neat idea, but it shouldn't break the current "switch
> player on, press play to resume from where I left" behaviour. At least
> this is the way I use my player most of the time. After that comes
> browsing for files.
>
> Which function do you expect behind "Play Music"? The WPS?

What is WPS? I guess usually people have one folder called something
like "music", which contains several sub-folders with the music itself.
Correct me if I'm wrong. behind Play Music I expect to open the
file-browser with this window. Alternatively, it could be possible to
resume playing, were playback stopped the last time (This would solve
your issue: switch player on, select "play music" and resume were you
left) - I am really not sure, how to do this best, perhaps several
options couls be offered. When tag-suppot gets usable, browsing the
tag-information should be possible, too.

> > This could be made with a text-interface as well, but a gui would put
> > the finishing touches.
>
> I am not sure about that. Ok, some icons may be nice, but screen space
> is one of the rarest resources on the devices (even on the iriver) and
> graphics use a lot of it.

Actually, I think the display on the iriver is that big, that I don't
now what to put on it, expect in file browser mode...
I think I will try to make some mockups, to show you what I would like
to see.

Gabriel