Subject: Re: GUI

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <>
Date: 2006-03-04

Bluechip wrote:
> Significant moves were made toward this a couple of years back ...Gosh,
> wish I could remember who it was now.
> The interface was all done with pictures (even the demo icons were quite
> nice).
> Not sure whatever happened to it - guess it got buried along with all
> the other ideas of its era.

(oops, pushed the wrong button and sent the last mail too early).

I assume you mean the UI patch by Joaquim Carvalho.

Yes, we wanted his stuff included in CVS, but he based his work on an
old version of Rockbox, and when it came to actually presenting a patch
against the current CVS, he basically refused to do more work on it.

Plus, the discussion went in all directions, about icons or no icons, dB
or percent etc, as all GUI discussions tend to do.

So it all ended without changing anything and his patch was never
submitted to the patch tracker.