Subject: Re: GUI

Re: GUI

From: Jochen Schulz <ml_at_well-adjusted.de>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 22:51:27 +0100

Gabriel Meier:
> Am Freitag, den 03.03.2006, 16:12 +0100 schrieb Jochen Schulz:
> >
> > Which function do you expect behind "Play Music"? The WPS?
>
> What is WPS?

The "While Playing Screen". The screen that shows up when you play a
song.

> I guess usually people have one folder called something
> like "music", which contains several sub-folders with the music itself.

Really? I just have a folder structure with /artist/album and a few
special folders with a _ at the beginning (_data, _tmp, _podcasts,
_books).

> > > This could be made with a text-interface as well, but a gui would put
> > > the finishing touches.
> >
> > I am not sure about that. Ok, some icons may be nice, but screen space
> > is one of the rarest resources on the devices (even on the iriver) and
> > graphics use a lot of it.
>
> Actually, I think the display on the iriver is that big, that I don't
> now what to put on it, expect in file browser mode...

Currently, all of the menus are purely text based which takes a lot of
space if you want to keep the text readable (I use xtal-14). It may not
look very pleasent, but I think it is more usable (especially in terms
of legibility) than menus like most mobile phones have (big icon, small
text).

J.
--
People talking a foreign language are romantic and mysterious.
[Agree]   [Disagree]