Subject: Re: Recording with external Mic

Re: Recording with external Mic

From: James Teh <jamie_at_jantrid.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 12:48:13 +1000

There are two things you should do when recording with an external mic:
1. Set the recording source to 'line' in the recording settings.
2. If it is not a preamplified mic, adjust the gain on the recording
screen. On the recording screen, you can adjust several volume-type
settings with the left and right arrows. The first one on which you are
positioned is volume, so you must hit down arrow first to move to stereo
gain. You can now adjust the gain with the left and right arrows. With
my crappy unamplified external stereo mic, I have to push the gain up to
maximum.

Jamie

--
James Teh