Subject: Re: Recording with external Mic

Re: Recording with external Mic

From: James Teh <>
Date: 2006-03-06

There are two things you should do when recording with an external mic:
1. Set the recording source to 'line' in the recording settings.
2. If it is not a preamplified mic, adjust the gain on the recording
screen. On the recording screen, you can adjust several volume-type
settings with the left and right arrows. The first one on which you are
positioned is volume, so you must hit down arrow first to move to stereo
gain. You can now adjust the gain with the left and right arrows. With
my crappy unamplified external stereo mic, I have to push the gain up to

On Sun, Mar 05, 2006 at 09:58:11PM +0100, Rainer Jost wrote:
> Hi guys,
> thee days ago I tested the recordfunktion with speech. I also insert my Mic in the line-in, but after starting recording the mic
> doesn't give me sound.
> What can I do? How can I setup the system on my iRiver H340?

James Teh
MSN Messenger:
Yahoo: jcs_teh