Subject: Latest clock update

Latest clock update

From: Zakk Roberts <midkay_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 20:10:31 -0800

Hi all,

I just commited my latest (and biggest!) clock update - the interface has
been hugely simplified, we're now running on the iPods and iRiver H300, and
the code is much more readable (compiled binary size dropped a lot, too!). I
also updated the wiki's PluginClock page with the appropriate new
information.

I'd like to ask anyone who tries it a few questions.... What do you think of
the new logo - was the old one better ("Clockbox"), or do you like this one
more? (Also: if you have any interest in trying your hand at one, you're
very welcome to - I'd love to see it.) What about the main menu? Finally,
are there any clock modes/settings that you could live without? Any you
would like to see added? Which?

Planned for next release:
- Set time directly from the Clock plugin.
- Bitmaps from files, converted at compile time.
- New mode: Counter - just like Plain, only a full-screen counter.

Sometime in the near future:
- Scale up everything to the larger LCDs we have to work with on the iPods
and iRivers.
- Split into seperate files? (undecided)

Any input on what I've got now, what I'm planning, or what you think would
make a nice addition is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
--
- Zakk
midkay_at_gmail.com