Subject: Re: random Iriver questions

Re: random Iriver questions

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 06:55:04 +0100

Jessi R. wrote:
> hey ya'll
> for awhile, when I pressed the menu button, it would bring me to the
> playback options with shuffle and volume and all that in it, and
> sometimes when it boots up it doesn't show all the directories and
> .rockbox doesn't have focus. I reset it and it seems to boot with
> .rockbox having the focus every time now, but is there any way to make
> sure it always boots that way? otherwise it's kind of hit and miss.

I don't know what you mean. How many files and directories are there in
the root catalog? You might have to raise the limit:

Main menu->General settings->System->Limits->Max files in dir browser.

> also, and this is the most recent problem, I've just been loading some
> songs onto it. I copied about ten albums to the clipboard and pasted
> them all on, and it worked fine and copied some of them but then this
> error came up saying something about cyclic redundancy check? and now
> when I try to copy anything onto it, even just one album, it says the
> same thing so I can't get anymore songs on it. I only have about a gig
> used. what does this mean and is there a way to fix it? I'm hoping
> so...lol...I need more songs.

This is most often an indication of a hardware failure. Either your
battery is bad or the hard drive is damaged. It could also be the hard
drive connection. Did you drop it?

> how do you check what the battery status is? if I go into battery, it
> says the battery capacity but it doesn't say like 50 percent or
> anything...is there even a way to see how much of the battery is left or
> has been used?

Main menu->Info->Rockbox Info.

> how do you shuffle all the songs, or can you? I figured out how to
> shuffle all the songs on an album, but what about all the songs on the
> player?

Create a playlist: Menu->Playlist Options->Create playlist. Play it in
shuffle mode.

Linus