Subject: Re: Archos HD Upgrade

Re: Archos HD Upgrade

From: Ronald Teune <rtwolf_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 22:05:57 +0100

On Monday 06 March 2006 21:22, Vincent Mistretta <Vincent Mistretta
<vin5451_at_bellsouth.net>> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We'l I'll be a RB user very soon. I was looking through the archives and
> noticed the threads about "Buying a RockBox Player" last month and found
> the notes about upgrading the recorder versions.
>
> Well I just bought one and will have it by Wednesday.
>
> Any limitations to disk capacity on the Archos using RB 2.5? Do I need to

The physical limit of the hardware is about 137 GB IIRC. So, nothing to worry
about. (this has been answered a few times before, btw... but because you're
new: Welcome to the group ;-))

> upgrade anything else on the unit besides the HD? I realize most of the
> larger drives have 8MB Cache so I assume I have to use the 8mb version of
> the Archos RB.

The 8 MB is the on-board RAM chip on the Archos, not the amount of cache on
the hard disk. If you can handle the soldering iron very well, you can try to
upgrade your memory. If not, just use the 2 MB version.

> Any hints are greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Vince

Ronald