Subject: Re: Archos HD Upgrade

Re: Archos HD Upgrade

From: Neon John <jgd_at_johngsbbq.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 20:29:39 -0500

On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 20:21:12 -0500, Neon John <jgd_at_johngsbbq.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 15:22:33 -0500, Vincent Mistretta
><vin5451_at_bellsouth.net> wrote:
>

>>Any limitations to disk capacity on the Archos using RB 2.5? Do I need to upgrade anything else on the unit besides the HD? I realize most of the larger drives have 8MB Cache so I assume I have to use the 8mb version of the Archos RB.
>
>There is a 120gb limit imposed by the USB bridge chip. Other than

Blew that one, didn't I? 137gb limit. I was thinking that the
biggest drive I've seen is 120gb and typed the wrong thing.

---
John De Armond
http://www.johngsbbq.com
Cleveland, Occupied TN
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.-Ralph Waldo Emerson