Subject: Re: Archos HD Upgrade

Re: Archos HD Upgrade

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: 2006-03-07

On Mon, 6 Mar 2006, Neon John wrote:

>> There is a 120gb limit imposed by the USB bridge chip. Other than
> Blew that one, didn't I? 137gb limit. I was thinking that the biggest
> drive I've seen is 120gb and typed the wrong thing.

Allow me to add to the confusion! ;-)

137GB is the amount of data if one gigabyte is 1000,000,000 bytes. If a
gigabyte is 1024*1024*1024 bytes as in the computer world outside the silly
harddrive manufacturers, the limit is 128GB.

And the biggest drives available below this limit (counting either way), are

  Daniel Stenberg -- --