Subject: Re: GUI

From: Gabriel Meier <>
Date: 2006-03-07

Am Dienstag, den 07.03.2006, 13:42 +0100 schrieb Linus Nielsen Feltzing:

> My first reaction was that none of your "Play music" options
> corresponded to my listening habits. Maybe the one that opens a specific
> folder, but I don't really see the difference between that and "browse
> files".

The difference is that it opens a specific folder, not the root dir. For
those people who have their music directly in their root dir, a possible
4th optin could be "hide item". The idea behind this item is to match as
many habits as possible, so it should be really configurable.

The main idea behind those suggestions was to provide a simple,
consistent, fast and intuitive interface. For people with your listening
habits, there is obviously no big change, but I hope some people might
like the new possibilities.

> Secondly, why is there a separate "View pictures" menu option, when the
> file browser works just fine?

It is there because I forgot to remove it :-)
You are right, it is useless.