Subject: Re: Voicing debug menu and time on h340

Re: Voicing debug menu and time on h340

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 23:44:24 +0100

Gary O'Donoghue wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone added voice feed back to the debug menu? I ask this as it seems
> to me that the only way to get an accurate reading in terms of free disc
> space is to go into the debug menu and get the machine to do a disc scan. At
> present I get sighted assistance with this since the debug options are not
> spoken.

The debug menu is what the name implies, a debug menu. Thus it is a
developer-only thing that constantly changes. It is not localized, and
thus not voiced either. The proper solution to your problem is to move
the scanning option to the regular info screen instead.

> Also, does anyone know why the H340 seems unable when running rockbox to
> retain the correct time?

Yes, that's because the iriver firmware uses the RTC in the wrong way,
and resets the RTC when it thinks the year is wrong. Rockbox sets it up
the correct way, and the iriver firmware resets it when it gets the
chance, like when you charge it using the iriver firmware.

Linus