Subject: Re: GUI

Re: GUI

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 23:51:07 +0100

Dave Hooper wrote:
> Totally agree. Different users use their devices in different ways. In
> particular, the habits for "ex iRiver users" are different from the
> habits for "ex iPod users", "ex Archos users", etc. Some way of
> accommodating the different behaviours (flexibly and reconfigurably)
> would be ideal. Not sure that 'reconfigurably' is a word, however.

I'm not sure I agree with this. Rockbox is Rockbox, and the user will
have to get used to how Rockbox works, not the other way around. If we
follow this philosophy, we would have to add more and more "usage
scenarios" for each platform we port to, "ex iAudio users", "ex GigaBeat
users", etc etc.

I'm not entirely against the "scenario" idea, but I'm totally against
this particular reason; to make it behave more like the original
firmware(s).

Linus