Subject: Re: GUI

Re: GUI

From: Dave Hooper <dave_at_beermex.com>
Date: 2006-03-08

> I'm not sure I agree with this. Rockbox is Rockbox, and the user will have
> to get used to how Rockbox works, not the other way around. If we follow
> this philosophy, we would have to add more and more "usage scenarios" for
> each platform we port to, "ex iAudio users", "ex GigaBeat users", etc etc.
>
> I'm not entirely against the "scenario" idea, but I'm totally against this
> particular reason; to make it behave more like the original firmware(s).

Ah - sorry, I meant that users familiar with other devices are conditioned
into using different scenarios and that it would be good for rockbox to
provide (at least some) alternatives.. I did not mean to imply that
rockbox should start specifically adopting the behaviour of particular
original firmware(s) (it most definitely should not!)