Subject: Re: Voicing debug menu and time on h340

Re: Voicing debug menu and time on h340

From: Manuel Dejonghe <manuel_at_dejonghe.de>
Date: 2006-03-08

On 3/7/06, Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus@haxx.se> wrote:
> Gary O'Donoghue wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Has anyone added voice feed back to the debug menu? I ask this as it seems
> > to me that the only way to get an accurate reading in terms of free disc
> > space is to go into the debug menu and get the machine to do a disc scan. At
> > present I get sighted assistance with this since the debug options are not
> > spoken.
>
> The debug menu is what the name implies, a debug menu. Thus it is a
> developer-only thing that constantly changes. It is not localized, and
> thus not voiced either. The proper solution to your problem is to move
> the scanning option to the regular info screen instead.

Hi all,
I just submitted a patch doing exactly this to the beautiful new tracker.
It's the #4800
http://www.rockbox.org/bugs/task/4800

It's not voiced on it's own, but the voice will restart reading out
the infos on that page once the scanning is done.
The scanning is initiated with a keypress on "RIGHT".

I'm intentionally NOT sending this on the devlist as I suppose
everybody having cvs-access is getting flyspray messages as well.

~lImbus